The Smart Building in the European Green Deal: Challenges and Opportunities
When: 19th February 2021, 10:30 - 12:00
Where: online https://smart-building-levante.b2match.io/
The European Green Deal is our plan to make the EU's economy sustainable. We can do this by turning climate and environmental challenges into opportunities, and making the transition just and inclusive for all. The plan outlines investments needed and financing tools available. It explains how to ensure a just and inclusive transition.
Start a ‘renovation wave’: The construction, use and renovation of buildings require significant amounts of energy and resources, such as sand, gravel and cement. Buildings account for 40% of energy. The current rates of renovation of public and private buildings should, at least, double.
The new renovation initiative will be an open platform bringing together the buildings and construction sector, architects and engineers, and local authorities to: develop innovative financing possibilities; promote energy efficiency investments in buildings; pool renovation efforts into large blocks to benefit from economies of scale.
10:30 Opening session: European Opportunities
welcome greetings Filippo Ammirati ENEA- Enterprise Europe Network
- - Serena Pontoglio, European Commission DG Energy , unità B3, Energy Efficiency, Buildings and Products. Team leader “Buildings policy and Renovation Wave implementation”
Renovation Wave. Greening our buildings - Creating jobs - Improving lives
- - Maria-Anna Segreto ENEA Head of Energy Integrated Solutions Laboratory of ENEA - Energy Efficiency Unit Department
The renovation wave Italian approach – ENEA activities and scenarios
- - Guido Raffaele Dell’Osso Polytechnic University of Bari- DICATECh - Department of Civil, Environmental, Land, Building Engineering and Chemistry
Building information modeling and building automation sustainability
- - Laura Morgagni : Secretary General, Italian Cluster for Smart Communities
A new Agenda for Smart Communities: can Digital Transformation really address people needs?
- - Salvatore Matarrese: President, Sustainable Construction District of Apulia Region
Role of productive districts: the entrepreneurs’ point of view
Each intervention will last 10 min followed by 5 min Q&A